04/06/2011

An Idiot Abroad is coming back - I am beyond excited!!!

I don't know when exactly, but it seems like it will be in the Autumn. It's called "An Idiot Abroad 2 - The Bucket List". The premise being that Karl does things that people would like to do before they die. He has already started amusing me and the series isn't even out yet!

"I don't get the concept of.." doing things before you die, "...say if you're dying are you in the mood to do anything?"

Equally, the concept of a last meal if you're on death row is a puzzle to him,"the last thing that would be on my mind is a pudding." (Fair point though!)

It appears that the series is currently being filmed, with Ricky Gervais commenting on his blog in April: “Karl got back from Alaska today. It was the first trip of An Idiot Abroad 2 : The Bucket List. He's not happy. It's not what he expected at all. Still too late now. He signed the contract and cashed the cheque....Why did he trust us again? I have the angriest message saved on my phone. Really. He's so angry, and sick and tired that... it's hilarious.” Angry message in question below - lots of swearing in it, so be warned...


So (and I appreciate that I am being a bit previous here), items on my Christmas list:
  • An Idiot Abroad 2 DVD;  
  • An Idiot Abroad 2 accompanying book (you know there will be one...); 
  • Karl Pilkington Charm - how cool?!!! 


Completely unrelated, but also very funny, Karl and a "little fella with Downs Syndrome."

3 comments:

  1. I really hope Karl does An Idiot Abroad 2:The Bucket List. Even if they replaced Karl, it just wouldn't be the same.
    The show is nothing without Karl. Karl is what makes it so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing your comments on BBC Apprentice 7 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be back!!! Pesky work is currently getting in the way of my blogging time :-( Am going to catch up and comment on Wednesday's episode at the weekend. Btw, Karl is doing an idiot abroad 2, he won't be replaced. It's filming as we speak and will be out in the autumn.

    ReplyDelete