16/01/2011

OK, so I know this is Dr.King's time, but lest we not forget, the great Malcolm X.

He may have begun as a militant, but that was a reflection of the time. Over time he saw the light and realised that not everyone is bad.  That was doubtless the reason that he was assassinated, but it was good to know that intelligence and reason will always win the day. If you haven't read his story, it's an absolute must. Some of my favourite Malcolm X quotes:
"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery".
"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against." 
"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

"If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary."


"My Alma mater was books, a good library... I could spend the rest of my life reading, just satisfying my curiosity."

"Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
 


"Without education, you are not going anywhere in this world."

"People don't realize how a man's whole life can be changed by one book." 

"So early in my life, I had learned that if you want something, you had better make some noise." 

"We cannot think of being acceptable to others until we have first proven acceptable to ourselves." 

"You get your freedom by letting your enemy know that you'll do anything to get it. Then you'll get it. It's the only way you'll get it."
"By any means necessary."  



No comments:

Post a Comment