27/01/2011

Freddie Flintoff vs The World - Bit of a spoilsport :-(

Almost forgot, I watched Freddie Flintoff vs the World on Tuesday! Not sure how I could have as it was definitely the highlight of my evening (if not the week). I guess I was just so traumatised by the horror that was 'My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding' that I temporarily forgot all that was good and right about the world i.e. The sight of a very fine specimen of a man doing stupid sh@t!

A very fine specimen he may be (sighs wistfully....), but as it turns out, a bit of a spoilsport...One of his 'challenges' on the first episode was to jump off of a cliff into a narrow gorge(?)/ravine(?), to the sea. Risking, if you're out of luck, being dashed against the rocks and possibly killed. Obviously, they couldn't take the chance that viewers might think they were wimps so, he and Darren Gough who he was competing against, bravely did it. (Despite the fact that they were both bricking it!) Clearly crazy, the pair of them, you couldn't pay me enough money to get me to do that.... Luckily, no one died or was fatally injured, so more Freddie next week. (Hurrah!)


All the above though, isn't the 'important bit'. Apparently, it's tradition that you do the jump wearing tiny speedos and the crazy Mexicans who were instructing our intrepid duo, bought them a pair each. I was all a flutter at the thought of Fred in his keks, I was to be cruelly disappointed. The 'important bit' is that both Fred and Darren, politely declined to wear them, not so brave then....


For those of you who didn't watch, the premise of the show is that Fred travels the world and tries out various dangerous sports vs a guest celebrity. This week was Mexico, hence the Mexicans helping him cliff dive - they weren't just random Mexicans who happened to be hanging about... The celeb was Darren Gough - who was quite funny at times. The crazy sports were Cliff Diving and Lucha Libre (Mexican wrestling), which did yield some small benefits as we saw Freddie in lycra. It's meant to be a proper competition so Freddie and guest are marked. I have no idea who won as I was too busy fuming over "speedogate"...

Next week: Arizona where Freddie takes on Olympic 400m athlete Iwan Thomas (no idea who he is...) There appears to be a number of water based challenges so Fred will have the opportunity to redeem himself and get his kit off...

No comments:

Post a Comment